Disney Resorts Operating Status:
Disneyland Resort (California): CLOSED
Walt Disney World: Parks: CLOSED Disney Springs: OPEN
Tokyo Disney Resort: CLOSED
Disneyland Paris: CLOSED
Hong Kong Disneyland: CLOSED
Shanghai Disney Resort: OPEN
Tuesday, May 5th, 2020:
- Disney has released more information regarding the reopening and operation procedures that will be in place when Shanghai Disney Resort reopens on May 11th. Click here to learn more.
- Bob Chapek just announced on Disney’s latest earnings call that Shanghai Disney Resort will be reopening on May 11th with social distancing measures in place, such as the use of masks, temperature checks, guest capacity limitations, and density control.
- Chapek said that it is to early to determine when other Disney Parks and Resorts around the world will be able to reopen.
Monday, May 4th, 2020:
- Senior Vice President of Walt Disney World Resorts and Transportation Operations Thomas Mazloum stated at a meeting of the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force said that they have not set a reopening date for Walt Disney World. Here’s what he had to say:
“We do not have any opening date yet. As some of you may know, at this point we’re taking bookings that were in June but that does not mean that we’re opening in June. At this time, I want to make it clear that we don’t have any plans to share [on reopening] for Walt Disney World or any of our other parks. Clearly, regulatory guidance is an important element of this in each area and country where we work, and at this point I want to be clear that we don’t have any plans to share about Walt Disney World yet.”
- Disney Springs remains closed at this time, despite Florida phase one reopening.
Friday, May 1st, 2020:
- Orange County Mayor: “Theme parks and other venues of that magnitude shall each develop their own specific and unique set of guidelines following the CDC recommendations and using best practices that will protect the life, health, and safety of their employees and guests. They will be permitted to open at their own discretion with their internally determined level of safe capacities throughout the various phases.”
- Disney has sent a push notification to phones with the My Disney Experience app reiterating that Disney Springs is still closed despite Florida’s Phase One reopening.
- Disney has sent cancellation notices to guests with tickets to Disney Villains After Hours event at Magic Kingdom Park that the events have been canceled through July 6th.