Disney today announced two new Disneyland After Dark “park experiences” coming in 2019. Following the tradition of 2018’s Throwback Nite and Star Wars After Dark, are Sweethearts’ Nite, Thursday, February 7, and 90s Nite, Thursday, March 7.
Disneyland special after-hours events treat guests to special food, entertainment, and event-specific decor and merchandise. After Dark events occur within Disneyland park directly upon completion of that day’s regular operating hours, which are admittedly shortened somewhat to accommodate the special engagement.
After Dark ticket holders are invited to enter Disneyland at 6 p.m. for “mix-in” park access directly preceding the event. Special character engagements and select attractions and eating venues will be available for event guests.
The 2019 details released so far:
It’s a week early, but how and where better to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with your sweet special someone at The Happiest Place on Earth? Romance shall abound, certainly at the table service restaurants, the night of February 7. Here’s what’s in store:
• Love song-themed dance parties throughout the park, as well as a “Royal Ball” experience.
• Encounters with beloved Disney couples, including Eugene and Rapunzel, Aladdin and Jasmine, and of course, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
• Immersive photo opportunities featuring romantic scenes from iconic Disney films.
• Sweetheart-themed décor, as well as romantic food, beverage and merchandise offerings.
• Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital downloads of your photos captured during the event.
Want your kids to finally see how awesome that decade you are endlessly referencing truly was? On March 7, bring the family to Disneyland park, then ditch them*, ’cause it’s the way we did things back then. The park will be simply psychedelic with the following:
• Special ’90s-themed fireworks show, throwback musical entertainment and more.
• A re-imagined Disney Afternoon Avenue with special greetings from favorite Disney characters from the ’90s and interactive photo opportunities.
• Decade-inspired food, beverages and merchandise.
• A commemorative fanny pack and unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital downloads of your photos captured during the event.
Visit Disneyland.com for more details and pricing. Parking fees are not included in the ticket price. A limited quantity of tickets for both events will be available beginning next week:
Nov. 27: Tickets on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders
Nov. 28: Tickets on sale to the general public
Gray is a lifelong Disney fan! From Disney+ to the parks, he loves it all. His favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast, and his favorite attraction is The Haunted Mansion.