Disney has released more detailed information about Resort reopening polices.
Read it all below:
Changes and Enhancements to Dining
We’re committed to a responsible reopening of Walt Disney World Resort—and we’ve made some important updates and enhancements to our dining experiences based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
During the reopening period, many dining experiences may be modified or unavailable in order to promote cleanliness and physical distancing.
What You’ll Need
Before you dine at Walt Disney World Resort, please be aware that you’ll need:
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas—including while entering and exiting dining locations—and can be removed while eating or drinking
- Planning to dine at a table-service restaurant in a Disney Resort hotel? A confirmed dining reservation is required for day Guests (those not staying overnight) and is highly recommended for Guests staying overnight at a Disney Resort hotel
Also, it’s highly recommended to have:
- The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services enabled
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment
In-Park Dining Reservations
At this time, dining reservations are not available. Reservations will resume at a later date.
When in-park dining initially becomes available, you’ll need valid park admission, a reservation for park entry and a dining reservation to dine at an in-park, table-service restaurant. Dining reservations do not guarantee admission to the park.
Disney Springs Dining Reservations
Select dining locations at Disney Springs are currently accepting reservations.
At this time, Disney dining plans cannot be added to reservations. Check back soon for more information.
Learn about cancellations and refunds for dining plans.
Learn about updates to booking windows for dining reservations.
Health and Hygiene
New measures have been implemented across Walt Disney World dining locations to promote health and hygiene, including:
- Enhanced Cleaning: We’ve increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. Additionally, seating areas, dining areas and pagers will be cleaned between Guests.
- Reduced-Contact Menus: Menus will be shared in ways to minimize contact. At quick-service restaurants, menus will be displayed on signage. And at table-service restaurants, you can scan a code with your mobile device to access the digital menu.
- Self-Serve Changes: Beverages and other items that were previously self-serve will instead be served by Cast Members.
Use convenient technologies to minimize your contact with others:
- Mobile Order Service: A time-saving feature of the My Disney Experience app, mobile order service enables you to order ahead at select dining locations and pick up food during a designated arrival window.
- Scannable Codes for Select Restaurant Menus: While at a table-service restaurant, you can use your own mobile device to scan a code for access to the digital menu.
- Cashless Payments: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless payment options, including debit cards, credit cards and Disney Gift Cards. Guests can also opt for contactless payment options—such as mobile wallets—or use cash to purchase a Disney Gift Card at Guest Relations and select merchandise locations. Disney Resort hotel Guests can also use MagicBands to charge their purchase to their Disney Resort hotel folio.
Additional changes to Walt Disney World dining experiences include:
- Menu items may vary. For specific menu information, check the restaurant’s online menu when the restaurant reopens.
- Character Dining will not be offered during the initial reopening, with the exception of a modified Character Dining experience at Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera.
- Dinner shows will not be offered during the initial reopening.
- Dining locations will be limited in capacity. Some locations will remain temporarily closed.
- Private dining and in-room delivery will not be offered during the initial reopening window.
- Mobile order service will be offered at select quick-service dining locations throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks (when open), Disney Springs and select Disney Resort hotels.
Modifications, Cancellations and Refunds
We understand how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning your visits to Walt Disney World Resort and realize some of these changes may be disappointing. Please know we will be here to help you, as our Cast remains focused on delivering magical experiences and incredible storytelling for everyone who visits.
During this unprecedented period, some of our policies and offerings have been modified:
- All pre-paid dining and experience reservations impacted by the closure will be automatically refunded.
- Reservations made at locations impacted by the closure will not be charged a cancellation or no-show fee.
- We have made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans. If you have an existing Resort package with a Disney dining plan, we will update your reservation to reflect the removal of the dining plan from your package. The package price will be adjusted accordingly. You will receive a refund if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.
Top Things You Need To Know
We made some important updates at our Disney Resort hotels and implemented a number of new health and safety measures.
What You’ll Need
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Please be aware that you’ll also need:
- A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
- A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up—which must be worn in all public areas, except while swimming or seated for dining
- Planning to visit a theme park during your stay? Select Walt Disney World theme parks will begin to reopen on July 11. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required (a Disney Resort hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access)
Also, it’s highly recommended to have:
- The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment, including MagicBands, which Disney Resort hotel Guests can use to charge purchases to their Disney Resort hotel folio
Persons who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine, or are under quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney World Resort Guests may be subject to additional screenings. Before you leave home, please check the temperatures of everyone in your party—including yourself—as an extra layer of precaution.
If you need to reschedule your reservation, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member, please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
Disney Resort Hotel Guest Benefits
During the initial reopening period, some benefits may be modified or unavailable.
Disney’s Magical Express® Service
Complimentary airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express service will be available for Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport.
Many airlines have modified their flight schedules, so please confirm your flight information. If you plan to use Disney’s Magical Express service, contact your room reservation booking agent, or call (407) 939-1936 to make any updates to your flight information on file.
As a result of the COVID-19 impact, FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity for attractions and maintain physical distancing. With that in mind, access to FastPass+ planning is temporarily unavailable. We will share updates at a later date.
Extra Magic Hours
The Extra Magic Hours benefit is unavailable until further notice.
When you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, enjoy peace of mind knowing that your room will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and serviced during your stay. Plus, common areas will receive enhanced cleaning.
We’ve increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning—with attention to:
- High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
- Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms
- Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
Inside your room, you’ll find:
- Extra linens and towels wrapped in single-use packaging
- Individually wrapped glassware
- Double-cased pillows
- Additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
- Removal of trash and used towels
- Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
- Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
- Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.
Please note that:
- If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service.
- If there is more than one room on your reservation and you choose to decline service, your selection will apply to all rooms on the reservation.
- We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door. View Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules.
Transportation & Parking
Learn about parking and transportation options at Walt Disney World Resort.
Complimentary Resort Transportation
Before the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will be available between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area.
When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney theme parks.
Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays.
Minnie Van Service
Minnie Van Service will not be available during the initial reopening period.
Self-parking will be available. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required. Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.
Some Disney Resort hotel services will be modified or unavailable during the initial reopening period, based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
- Bell Services will deliver luggage to rooms, but will not escort Guests
- Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services will be temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry will remain available
- Shipping services will be temporarily unavailable
- Resort airline check-in service may be temporarily unavailable
Resort Amenities & Recreation
Amenities and recreation will be modified based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
Select dining locations will be available at Disney Resort hotels.
- Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
- Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
- Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Fitness Centers & Sports Courts
- Fitness centers will open in alignment with state and county regulations, and may have reduced hours
- Fitness centers may have reduced hours and capacity
- Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available
- Fitness and sports courts will be open, and Guests must maintain physical distancing
Activities and schedules will vary. The schedule of activities for your Disney Resort hotel will be shared during your stay.
In merchandise locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Guests will continue to discover favorite Disney items, with some modifications to the shopping experience that will help us manage capacity and foster physical distancing.
- New Product Launches: New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Walt Disney World Resort until further notice. As always, Guests can find these items on shopDisney, subject to availability.
- Pin Trading: We will continue to offer Guests the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pin boards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing.
- Delivery Option: Package delivery to the front of our theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended. However, shipping merchandise to Guests’ homes continues to be available.
- Dressing Rooms: For the time being, dressing rooms will not be available.
- Returns: In-person returns will be available upon the reopening of our merchandise locations.
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Additionally, the following special offerings and childcare services will not be available during the initial reopening:
- Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- Fun runs
- Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
- Hula lessons
- In-room childcare services
- Mermaid school
- Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs
Check In Online
To aid in physical distancing efforts, we strongly recommend that you use Online Check-In Service in advance—online or with the My Disney Experience app.
When your room is ready, you’ll get a room-ready notification. Then, you can use either a MagicBand or the My Disney Experience app digital key feature to enter your room!
If you don’t receive your MagicBand(s) prior to your vacation, simply use the My Disney Experience app as a digital key to enter your room. At your convenience, you can visit the Front Desk to pick up your MagicBand(s).
On your scheduled checkout day, you’ll be automatically checked out of your room—so you don’t have to visit the Front Desk (unless you have unresolved charges to your Disney Resort hotel folio).
Virtual Chat With a Resort Cast Member
Beginning June 22, you can chat with a Resort Cast Member via the My Disney Experience app for assistance during your stay. This new feature will offer convenient support nearly anytime—so there’s no need to visit the Lobby or stand in line.