Beginning in November, in-person racing returns to Walt Disney World, as DisneyParks Blog announced runDisney’s 2021-2022 season today!
The schedule of events includes:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz: November 4-7, 2021
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 5-9, 2022
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 24-27, 2022
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend presented by Otterbox: March 31-April 3, 2022
Runners will once again experience all of the magic of in-person races, from running through the Walt Disney World Parks, to special entertainment, race weekend themes and Disney-featured medals for race finishers. In addition, to celebrate the return of the in-person runDisney season at Walt Disney World, exciting new activities have been added for runners:
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend: Each race season, the fourth weekend will be the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend that will include different race themes and distances each year.
- Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga: On the first morning of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will host Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga in front of Cinderella Castle, before the theme park opens. The professionally led yoga session will be the most magical way to prepare your mind and body for a race!
- Virtual Races: All runDisney races will have a virtual race option, allowing runDisney fans across the country to participate in your favorite races, even if you can’t make it to Walt Disney World to run in person. Runners will be encouraged to run on the same morning of the on-site events, and will receive the same finisher medals!
- Just for Kids: The runDisney Kids Races during each event weekend will become runDisney Kids Adventures, focused on health, fitness, and fun for kids!
runDisney’s inaugural event for the 2021-22 season will be the 2021 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, and includes a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and Disney Two Course Challenge (both the 10K AND the half-marathon!). Themed “Wickedly Delicious,” the weekend celebrates favorite Disney villains, and features a Post-Race Party for runners and their families and friends at EPCOT, with after-hours access to the Park and its International Food & Wine Festival.
Next up in runDisney’s season is The 2022 Walt Disney World Marathon, which will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the The Most Magical Place on Earth, and in February, the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend will be inspired by the courage and kindness of some of Disney’s most beloved Princesses.
As COVID-19 event guidelines and protocols can change before these event dates, Disney asks that participants in runDisney weekends be sure and check for updates at www.rundisney.com for the latest details!