As the new vision for Epcot at Walt Disney World continues to evolve, Disney has released a list of closures and relocations for many of its food, merchandise and character meet-and-greets in Future World.
Mike at blogmickey.com shared the following list in a post on July 3:
Mouse Gear will be closing later this year, although no official date has been listed. It will move to a temporary location while its current spot in Future World will be remodeled.
Fountain of Nations will be closing permanently on September 8, as the area in Future World where it currently resides will be completely reconfigured.
Electric Umbrella, a quick-service location in Future World, will close permanently this winter. There are many new food and beverage locations planned for the rebirth of Future World.
Pin Central will close on September 8, and Epcot guests next year will find its merchandise in the current Camera Center location. Camera Center will be closing later this year and will reopen as the new home of Pin Central in early 2020.
Innoventions East will also close on September 8, including the Colortopia and Nanooze Break guest experiences.
Character Spot, too, will close on September 8, and the characters currently meeting guests there will be relocated temporarily to new areas in Epcot:
- Mickey and Goofy will greet guests from Innoventions West. Mickey will find a permanent home in the new Future World at an all-new location in the Imagination! Pavilion. Goofy will be out-and-about in Epcot, and will eventually find a new home in a new location as well.
- Minnie will welcome guests in the Gazebo at the World Showcase.
- Daisy Duck moves to the American Adventure pavilion .
- Winnie the Pooh will be found in the bedroom of Christopher Robin at the United Kingdom pavilion.
- Joy will also move to a new location, yet to be announced.
Fountain View Starbucks will close and move to a new temporary location later this Fall.
Club Cool‘s doors will close on September 8, and reopen in another capacity at a future merchandise location.
Art of Disney, offering Disney art collection merchandise, and Heritage Manor, in American Adventure at World Showcase, will both close on September 8. In the new reimagining of Epcot, Art of Disney will make its home in Heritage Manor’s current footprint.
As Mike of blogmickey.com points out, these closures and relocations are just the beginning of the major project that will be the re-creation of Epcot. More details will be announced by Disney at the D23 Expo in August.